Special guest blog by Aaron Samuels a.k.a. “Maestro”
Jellytalk, or “Jellese”
For those of you not entirely hip to the StreetJelly lingo, or even if you just need a refresher, below is the rapidly developing StreetJelly lexicon. This will be updated as the new terms come in.
- Jellyfish – a frequent swimmer of the StreetJelly ocean. If you peruse the broadcasts often enough, you’ll find out quickly who we are.
- Jellyfly – any one watching the broadcast but not participating in the real-time chat conversation. It’s all good. We got love for our Jellyflies, and sometimes the fish are in fly-mode. We just like to tease them because it’s much more fun to be a fish than a fly.
- Jellybird – a performer on StreetJelly, our bread and (peanut) butter.
- Jellyhead – see “Jellybird”.
- Jellytainer – see “Jellybird”.
- Jellyking – Frank Podlaha, naturally. All hail. The world will sing when he is king…and he is king. So we sing.
- Jellyfire – a descriptive term for when a Jellybird is performing with passion.
- Jellyswarm – any significant viewership for any given broadcast.
- Jellyrat – see “drive-by”.
- Drive-by – the act of briefly jumping on to another performer’s performance just to let their viewers know via chat that you are performing. Not cool. Performance over-lapping is going to happen and that’s totally fine, just let viewers make up their own mind about who they want to watch.
- Greenwall – When enough individual token donations are delivered to a performer, the chat wall turns a delightful green (with gold accents). It takes a minimum of nine tokens to greenwall a jellybird.
- Whitewall – When enough blank chat entries fill the room, we call that a whitewall. Use this technique sparingly if at all.
- Foot scroll – see “Lana scroll”.
- Lana scroll – the act of using one’s foot on a laptop touch pad or track pad to scroll through lyrics or chord charts, so-named for the inventer and master of the technique, Jellybird LanaEve.
- Spreading the Jelly – getting the word out about the awesomeness that is StreetJelly.
- Bluewall – a Greenwall of Rocker Pins. You want this to happen to you.
- Jellymood – I’m in the mood for love…simply because you’re jelly…
- Purple Rain – A song by the Artist Formerly Known As The Artist Formerly Known As Prince. Jellyfish request this song on a regular basis, so you might wanna work it into your repertoire, if you’re a Jellybird.
- AFJ – Away From Jelly. Not exactly fly status, just temporary absence.
What’s your favorite term? Have another to add? Continue the dictionary below…